There is a high chance that you have made New Year resolutions and you have
not been able to stick to them in the past. This year, break the cycle of not
following through your goals set for the year.
Here are 5 tips to help you get your new year resolution to work for you.
1. Set Realistic Goals – The surest way to fall short of your goal is to make your
goal unattainable. Set goals that are realistic and falls within what you can do.
2. Clearly Outline your Plan – When you set goals that are clearly outlined,
you are mostly likely to know what to do and when to do it. Write down your
main resolutions in bullet points and indicate the action plans on how you are
going to achieve them step by step.
3. Have an accountability Partner – Sometimes, all we need is someone to
look out for us. An accountability partner is a person who coaches another
person in terms of helping the other person keep a commitment. To get your
resolution to work for you, speak to someone who can constantly encourage
and motivate you to attain your set goals.
4. Reward Yourself – Rewarding yourself is a great way to encourage yourself.
Celebrate your success by treating yourself to something you enjoy that
doesn’t contradict your resolution. Set a reward when you complete your goals
to encourage you to work harder.
5. Track Your Progress – Keep track of each small success. Short-term goals are easy to keep, and each small accomplishment will help keep you motivated.
For instance, instead of focusing on losing 30 pounds, focus on losing the first
five and keep moving after completing each step till you attain the final goal. Keep a journal to help you stay on track.
As you set New Year resolutions for this year, we hope you would find our
pointers useful in making them work for you.