Getting ahead in your career path, either with your current employer or running your own business can be a challenge to anyone. Because the world has become so competitive, doing well at your job and moving forward with your career is more important now than ever. Career advancement and recognition are on every professional’s list of goals. But what sets the exceptional professionals apart? The answer is simply your willingness and your desire to perform wellat every step of the way. Everyone needs some form of guidance along the way. You can’t have it all figured out from day one.
Here are some tips to make sure you hit your career targets.
1. Don’t stop learning-Don’t get caught in the trap that you’ve learned all you need because you have a degree or a masters. You always have more to learn, whether it’s about what your company does or what your competitor is doing. Or learning about the latest trends in your industry. All these things can keep you on top of the issues and make you relevant.
2. Have a vision for your career – You don’t need to have a detailed plan but having an idea of what you want to do is a good starting point. You’ll often hear the question “Where do you see yourself in five years?” during job interviews. Having a general idea of what you may be doing in the long term may not be the best way to help you advance your career as changes are expected during the journey.
3. Find Yourself a Mentor or a Coach – Go out of your way to find a mentor or a coach who you admire and look up to. Being able to learn from their experience will not only help give you useful insights but also guide you on potential challenges you may face.
4. Be open to Opportunities – Be prepared to spot growth opportunities when they present themselves because they are the key learning opportunities. Don’t be comfortable for too long. Take up new opportunities when they come along and challenge yourself.
5. Less Talk More Action – The value of action is far greater than that of mere words. Use this as a principle in your dealings at your workplace. Instead of speaking about all the things you can do, and never actually delivering, show what you are capable of instead.
6. Be a Problem Solver – Be the solution provider, not the problem creator. Great employees solve problems. If you don’t have the authority to give the final verdict on a problem relevant to your work or department, then make sure you offer solutions to your boss and try to help as much as you can, wholeheartedly.
7. Build a solid team – You are as good as the team you build, so be a talent magnet and surround yourself with the best and the brightest. Having the best team helps you get the job done. A team that looks out for each other.
8. Cultivate Confidence – Believe in yourself, believe in what you bring to the table. Identify your superpower and use that to bring value to your organization. Confidence is built over a period of doing the things you are good at.
9. Be your own evaluator – One of the best ways to achieve career success is to keep assessing your performance. Don’t wait for anyone to praise you, do it yourself. An ideal way to do this would be to identify quantifiable goals and set a timeline for achieving them.
10. Aim for work-life balance – Following these tips will help you get your career progression going but make sure you don’t forget to allocate time for family and friends as well as time off to rest. While you may be busy chasing your career goals, you must not take your social life for granted.
Also, Remember to be resilient, persistent, and empathetic.
For more, of these, Follow Coca Look online
Facebook @ Corporate & Casual Look,
Linkedin @ Coca Insights,
You can also call/what’s app us 0555588098/055965527.
Coca Look store is located at Special Plaza 1, Lagos Avenue